‘Mind Over Mountains’ Impact Hill Walks Featuring
Adversity Adventurer Alex Staniforth
The Lake District, Cumbria | 5-7 May 2018
Fancy taking a step back and escaping to the mountains for a long weekend? In need of a recharge and some outdoor inspiration?
Put mind over matter and join an inclusive group of like-minded adventurers with our brand-new impact adventure: ‘Mind Over Mountains’, May 5-7, 2018, in partnership with Adversity Adventurer, Alex Staniforth.
With places limited to 25, Mind Over Mountains is a laid-back weekend of walking and talking this Spring, with plans to summit two of the Lake District National Park’s best-loved mountains (Skiddaw and Blencathra) and explore the local environment with a few surprises along the way. Curated by us and led by Alex Staniforth, this weekend is a unique, one-off opportunity not to be missed!
‘Mind Over Mountains’ aims to promote the benefits of UK mountains for mental and physical health, when 1 in 4 people in the UK now experience a mental health problem. By climbing mountains, we can put our minds over mountains – no pressure, no expectations, no worries!
The inclusive group will also get the opportunity look inward, to explore and discover themselves through an evening NLP workshop, enjoy wild cooking in good company, and learn about the Lakes (a UNESCO world heritage site) from passionate local experts. With accommodation at one of the most remote UK youth hostels (Skiddaw Bunkhouse), you will enjoy a fascinating weekend of truly getting away from it all and re-discovering direction, when our modern lives make little time for our mental and physical wellbeing.
Suitable for all abilities and ages (16+), the weekend’s highlights are themed around mental health and include:
- Two guided hikes into the Lake District National Park in Spring
- Wild cooking in good company
- Unheard talks from passionate and inspiring adventurers overcoming mental health
- Learning about the outdoors and conservation in the Lakes, from passionate local experts
- Optional outdoor swims (or dips!)
- Workshops and skills to help you find new direction and options in life
- Two night’s accommodation in one of the UK’s most beautiful and remote youth hostels
- Other secret surprises throughout the weekend.. ssshh!
Register your interest below for a weekend in nature that you will never forget.
To find out more about Alex and his inspirational outdoor experiences at the age of only 22, visit www.alexstaniforth.com