Accessibility features of this site include:
- Pages which can be viewed on a wide range of screen resolutions.
- Facility for the user to enlarge the text size. This can be helpful to users with visual impairments.
- The use of alternative text to describe the content of a picture. This is useful for text-based browsers and/or for users with visual impairments.
- Increased contrast between background and text for readability purposes.
- Page structure which is easy to navigate through a clear and user-friendly menu that is visible on each page of the site and uses HTML headings.
- The use of ‘cascading style sheets’ with properly structured markup for content. If style sheets are not supported or are turned off, information on the site can still be accessed and read.
- Facility to navigate fields in online forms with the keyboard 'tab' key. This is particularly helpful to users with mobility disabilities or visual impairments.
- A sitemap to provide information about the layout of the website.
We believe that this website meets the requirements of the level 1 and 2 criteria of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) 2.0 guidelines. We strive to meet level 3 whenever possible. We adhere to the accepted standards for accessibility and usability whenever we can, although it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website, especially where guidelines are still evolving.
Adventure Uncovered is committed to making our online services inclusive because accessibility has a positive effect on general usability and we believe that websites that are accessible and usable benefit everyone.
We will continue to review, test and modify our website for usability and accessibility issues and aim to ensure maintaining compliance is part of our ongoing commitment.
For more information about the guidelines issued by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to remove barriers to accessibility, visit Web Accessibility Initiative at the W3C.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this website then please contact us.