A rugged coastal adventure from Tynemouth to Edinburgh.
A 4-day tour from Tynemouth to Edinburgh through probably the most scenic, historic and all-around awesome landscape in the country; Northumbria and the Scottish borders. After an evening meet-and-greet on the beach (around a fire with plenty of grub from award-winning restaurant Riley’s Fish Shack), we set off bright and early the next day on our 3-day epic adventure passing no less than nine jaw-dropping coastal castles, the ancient capital of Northumbria, the beautiful causeway of Lindisfarne (with an optional tide-dependent dash across it) and much much more... before cutting inland along the River Tweed towards Edinburgh.
With multiple pit-stops in cosy cafes, sleepy fishing villages and local pubs, and with countless opportunities for outdoor swims and dips, we hug the coastline for 199 miles all the way to the Scottish capital. Expect long but easy days (if that makes sense!) made all the easier with good-night’s-sleeps in comfy guest houses and B&Bs along the route. Cycle at your own pace. Feeling fit? No probs, crack on ahead and regroup at different points throughout the day.
- Award-winning Riley's Fish Shack (on the beach)
- Lindisfarne holy island
- Dunstanburgh Castle
- Freewheeling down the Moorfoot Hills into historic Edinburgh
£550 all incl.
- Evening dinner at award-winning Riley’s Fish Shack on Day 1
- Accommodation for three nights (shared rooms with the option to upgrade to individual rooms)
- Plenty of tasty, healthy, hearty breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Transfer to and from the station (Newcastle and Edinburgh)
- Carefully chosen route from Tynemouth to Edinburgh
- Trained and experienced guides on the road with you each day
- A map and route plan so you can cycle at your own pace and re-group for lunch and essential pit-stops... no need to hold back or speed up!
- Full-equipped support vehicle carrying all your luggage each day (so pack those essential and non-essential items!)
- Local knowledge of top-notch cafes, pubs and hidden swimming spots
- Great vibes.
Want to ride with us?
There are limited places on each trip - to hear about routes, updates and offers first make sure you register your interest, and we'll share more info soon!