Cycling retreat on the northeast coast, staying in a sleepy fishing village with plenty of options for riding inland towards the Cheviots and Scottish Boarders and exploring local pub and grub spots too..
Given the popularity of both the ‘Coast to Coast’ and ‘Coast and Castles’ we developed Northern Soul, four days of cycle-exploring the beautiful landscape of Northumbria (allegedly the inspiration behind Game of Thrones...) From our basecamp (which is actually a rustic, cosy bunk-house in the sleepy fishing village of Low Newton) there are daily options for all cyclists with both longer and shorter rides inland towards the Cheviot Hills and the Scottish Borders or towards the coast with its vast beaches, sheltered coves and castles-a-plenty! You’re the rider so you pick the ride depending on how you’re feeling each day. Extensive options for wild swimming, beach fires, local grub, thirst-quenching beverages and even a bivvy! Join us on this incredible Geordie Tour.
Adventure Uncovered director and Brake the Cycler Rosie is set to take you on this authentic Geordie Tour of Northumberland's best kept secret cycle lanes. Originally from Tynemouth, a beautiful seaside town near Newcastle, Rosie knows the roads and routes for cycling and the local cafes, swim spots and beaches..
- Riding along the coast to Lindisfarne
- Dipping in Hethpool Linn Waterfall
- Beach swims and fires
- Fresh, delicious local food
- Three nights accommodation for the duration of the trip (shared)
- Plenty of tasty, healthy, hearty breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- Transfer to and from the station (Alnmouth)
- Carefully chosen routes from expert local guides
- Trained and experienced guides on the road with you each day
- A map and route plan so you can cycle at your own pace and re-group for lunch and essential pit-stops.. no need to hold back or speed up!
- Full-equipped support vehicle at the ready whenever you need
- Local knowledge of top-notch cafes, pubs and hidden swimming (and bivvy!) spots
- Great vibes.
Want to ride with us?
There are limited places on each trip - to secure a place, click on the button below. If the trip is fully booked, you can add your name to the wait list by emailing email@example.com